Consumer tastes are constantly evolving and, as a result, innovation is a key component of Ornua’s strategy for growth.
Inspired by the latest food trends and consumer insights, our innovation teams create new concepts to add to our branded product portfolio, helping our customers meet the ever-changing tastes and demands of their consumers.
Based in Dublin, brand innovation teams work to develop innovation pipelines with our global marketing teams who have a deep understanding of our consumers and customers in markets all over the world.
Our innovation teams collaborate closely with our member suppliers to commercialise new products. Kerrygold Park, our state-of-the-art butter production and packing facility in Mitchelstown, has enabled us to expand our butter innovation capabilities for our key export markets.
- In 2017, Kerrygold launched a shredded cheese range in Germany which included a pizza cheese mix, grated red cheddar and red cheddar cubes
- In 2017, Kerrygold launched chilli cheese slices and a new redesign of the Irlander slice pack which further enhanced Kerrygold’s sliced cheese range in Germany
- Kerrygold Spreadable and a new lactic unsalted spreadable version was launched in Australia in 2017, increasing brand presence within the yellow fats category
- 2016 saw the launch of Kerrygold Yogurts in Germany. This marked Kerrygold’s first entry into the consumer yogurt category. A full range was developed which included eight fruit flavours and one natural flavour. In 2017, the range was expanded with the introduction of eight new seasonal flavours, strengthening Kerrygold’s premium position in the category. Kerrygold Yogurts were awarded best innovation product of the year by Milk Marketing magazine
- Kerrygold Spreadable and Kerrygold Spreadable Lighter was launched into the UK market in 2016, which allows Kerrygold to compete in the spreadable butter category; a category which is experiencing strong and continued growth in the market.
- Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese Wedges and Kerrygold Dubliner Premium Cheese Spread were launched in the US in 2015. Both products are made with 100% natural cheese, from the milk of grass-fed cows, without any artificial flavours or additives. Kerrygold Dublin Cheese wedges were awarded for Best Brand Extension at the World Dairy Innovation Awards in 2016.