November 4, 2013
IDB Strengthens its Position in Key UK Cheese Market
Adams Foods Announces Strategic Partnership with First Milk
The Irish Dairy Board (IDB) has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Adams Foods, has entered into a long term strategic partnership with First Milk, the UK dairy co-operative. The strategic partnership further strengthens Adams Foods’ position as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of Irish and British cheese to major retailers and foodservice customers in the UK.
The agreement will establish a fully integrated supply chain for hard cheese across the UK food sector through harnessing the complementary resources, skills and experience of both companies.
Commenting on the announcement, Kevin Lane, CEO, IDB said: “Adams Foods strategic partnership with First Milk strengthens our dairy product offering to customers in the UK by adding to it a sustainable supply of British cheese. Over the past 30 years we have had great success in bringing premium Irish dairy products to the UK market through great brands such as Kerrygold, Pilgrims Choice and MU. We are excited about adding another crucial part to our portfolio on our journey to becoming a complete and added value long-term supplier to the critically important UK market.”
· The partnership will reinforce Adams Foods position as one of the leading suppliers of Irish and British cheese in the UK
· It strengthens the IDB’s dairy product offering to customers in the UK by adding to it a sustainable supply of British cheese
· Over the past 30 years the IDB has had great success in bringing premium Irish dairy products to the UK market through great brands such as Kerrygold, Pilgrims Choice and MU. The agreement adds another crucial element to the portfolio on the journey to becoming a complete and added value long term supplier to the critically important UK market
· It will provide a strong platform for the further development of Adams Foods retail, foodservice and wholesale customer label, convenience format and branded cheddar offering
· It will complement Adams Foods best in class capabilities in relation to product and packaging innovation, marketing and category management.
Completion of the agreement will be subject to competition approval.